Monday, August 5, 2024

Delaware... "The First State"

 The road to Delaware could've been either 484 miles or 123 miles. You may be asking... why the difference... tolls. To not use toll roads we would have traveled the 484 miles, up through Philadelphia and back down into Delaware. Remember I spoke of learning lessons about tolls, I took my advice and headed the toll road route.

DELAWARE MEMORIAL BRIDGE
OVER THE BRIDGE & WELCOME
REALLY... WELCOME TO DELAWARE😉

We no sooner got over the bridge before they taxed our travel. This rest stop cost us $28.00 ($7.00 per axle), and this was only the beginning, the next pit stop only cost us $4.00 ($1.00 per axle).

Weaving our way to the campground was done on several state highways that were toll free.

OUR SITE (ON THE CORNER)

Looks like a pretty good spot, and it was, with exception of what we call level... it wasn't.


Did you catch it? Those are 2"x10" wood pieces (x3) under the Andersen red supports. I only had another 6" of room left on the jack before it was as low as it would go. Look at the trailer front to back, you can see the slope of the site.

After we came back from an early dinner I went for a walk. Next to the campground is a field growing some kind of crop, but that wasn't my interest, these were:

TURKEY VULTURES

There were about eight of them standing on a stage-like structure. They did not appear too concerned with my presence, I was still alive.

Anyone out there ever wonder why Delaware is called the "first state"... they were the first state to ratify the constitution.

We were forecasted for a lot of rain during our stay, but nothing happened until our last night, which meant hose and power cord were messy. I got out there, and it really was not as bad as I thought it would be. I finished up my outside preps, Carol finished her inside preps, and away we went pointing Maryland way. Next stop... Andrews AFB.

No comments:

Post a Comment